From 1897-1918 Strachur House, then called Strachur Park, was lived in by The Plowden Family and SDLHS are lucky to have a lot of information about their time there. Please see our other pages on The Plowdens. Minnie Plowden kept an album detailing events and visitors to Strachur Park.
This was constructed to help Minnie Plowden – it seemed she could walk up the ramp but was unable to climb stairs. The boy is Humphrey – frequently affectionally called Bims in the album. He was Roger and Minnie Plowden’s son.
An typical example of a page in Minnie’s Album
Many thanks to Leif Brag for the following photos of the current gardens